Homestuck Tutorials and other Resources
Tutorials and resources for the Homestuck fandom that don't fit in other categories, from Homestuck fonts to Flash animation guides to cookbooks.
An archive of all the fonts used in Homestuck, from land names, to alternian text, to John Egbert's own handwriting.
Homestuck Art Studies
A series of extremely detailed and thorough studies on the art of Homestuck, from frame-to-frame analysis, to animation tricks, to the exact type of Photoshop tricks Andrew Hussie used. This is an ongoing series:
Radical Dude 42
Fanventure Help Guide
In this guide, classic Homestuck style expert RD42 gives tips and other various types of help so you can make the best fan adventure! He goes over art, writing, and music so your adventure can get close to emulating the MSPA feel.
How to make an [S] Page in 2023 (And above)
A thorough tutorial on how to make an animation in Adobe Animate that will replicate the look and feel of Adobe Flash without actually requiring it.
How to Make a Strife Animation
An extremely detailed tutorial on how to make a Strife animation in Adobe Flash CS3. The knowledge within is applicable to all sorts of flashes and animation programs.
SBURB Land and Planet Tutorials
Prospit and Derse Environments
How to Make Official Looking Talksprites
A guide on how to make a good looking walkaround sprite for your character. Uses GIMP, but we recommend using any other program and applying the methods shown here, because GIMP really sucks.
How to Make Reality Cracks
A guide by an official Homestuck artist on how to create the aftereffects of a Lord English beam on Paradox Space. The brush Rah links is here and the .psd is here.
Homestuck Photoshop Resources
A series of pallettes, swatches and more to use during image editing and arting.
Fantroll Art Resources
Some guidelines and minor resources for creating your own fantroll:
Endless Shipping Chart
A ludicrously big shipping chart to ship every single canon character together.
Homestuck Family Tree
Do you truly want to know which characters are related to each other in Homestuck? Behold this amazingly expansive guide.
The Scratch Doctor
Homestuck Timeline Project
A series of spreadsheets tracking the timelines of every group of players up to the middle of Act 6.
A series of art tutorials by Andrew Hussie on charcoal, inking, black and white and flat coloring. Some images were lost in this copy.
A series of fanmade guides that detail the progression of SBURB.
A variety of resources that don't warrant their own section:
- John's House PDN files: A series of Paint.net files (can be opened with Photoshop with the right plugin) for John Egbert's house. Has individual layers for each piece of furniture so you can edit it more easily. Made by linguisticSpaceship.
- Radical Dude 42's Troll Horn tips: A list of tips by Homestuck style expert RD42 on how to draw unique yet good looking horns.
- Every Homestuck Death: A list of Homestuck character deaths, with sources and links.
- Andrew Hussie's Troll Name Pronounciations: Enough said. Obviously you can still say them the way you want.
- Fanmade Tests: Tests you are supposed to fill out and calculate manually. There's one for Lands, one for Derse/Prospit, one for Patron Felt Members and one and two for blood color.
- Quick Character Information Reference: Short lists with everyone's handles, classes, lands, etc. for quick reference outside the Wiki.
- Damara's Text Translation: A very NSFW yet accurate translation of what Damara was saying during Openbound.
- Guide to Sollux's Selves: A guide on how Sollux became doubly half-alive.
- Homestuck Hair Partings: A picture guide made by fans to determine how exactly the hair of Homestuck characters works. Useful for cosplay or fanart.
- Troll Seating Arrangements: Do you constantly forget where each troll was seating in the meteor and desperately need help? Boy do I have the image for you.
- Punchcard Alchemy Excel File: An excel file that shows how holes are punched in cards, the results of different types of alchemy between two items, etc.
- The History of Trickster Mode: How it went from fanon to canon.
- eldritchdraaks' Alternian Logos : A series of existing logos in alternian form, like parodies of Skype, Twitch, Google, etc.
- Sprite Head Guidelines: An image to portray the way sprite heads should be drawn in proportion to the body.